Thursday, 10 September 2026

Guildford to Horsham Rail Link via Cranleigh! Give it your support please.

 Basically I have told Simon to convene coffee meetings at Costa in Guildford and together for locals to grow a team to take it forward. I do the monthly on-line meeting and we welcome people to join and discuss G-C-H more. 

I am too remote and not resourced to attend the physical locality.
I welcome ideas on what needs doing to best rouse locals to join BRTA and get involved. 
The leaflet is our toe in the water. There more it can be done in Cranleigh, villages, Guildford and Horsham areas, the better, volunteers or lack of are a moot point.
New council for Surrey to be or not to be, we do need council support ideally.
MP support - if 5 people emailed her, it would mandate action apparently. She was based at the Uni up by the Cathedral, I wonder if she could get some students interested in lending a hand?
I have bcc'd our members, just in case others want to join-in too.
Heathrow expansion is back on the agenda and Southern Rail Link: https://heathrowrail.com/
linking Guildford, the reverse to Horsham via Cranleigh - if only we can get the promoters to think our way a bit more? 
Government is quiet about more rail infrastructure except a London centric plan of Elizabeth Line extension to Staines. Would the Windsor link be included I wonder? https://windsorlink.co.uk/video-master-plan/
Who gets there first wins, but the versatility of rails to be used by different trains should not be lost to us, ditto platforms and stations. We want Heathrow Link to extend to Old Oak Common (OOC) for link up and onwards via a tunnel to the Chiltern Main Line for Banbury and Aylesbury arcs to Guildford etc and Guildford to the east-west rail 'not via London'. It has been mentioned of a curve from east to north at Woking for South London/Waterloo operations to Heathrow as well. I have been told Guildford has capacity problems, our line gives more for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment